The role of the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network Compliance Office is to establish internal safeguards to effectively provide quality behavioral health and substance abuse services to Consumers in Wayne County within the parameters of federal and state regulation. The DWIHN Compliance motto is “Do the Right Thing,” which requires DWIHN and its Providers to provide services in a manner that promotes honesty, integrity, and ethics.
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- HIPAA (type of training depends on role and title)
7 Elements of a Successful Compliance Program
The Development of Policies and Procedures (i.e. Standards of Conduct, Compliance Plan, etc.);
- Oversight by appointing a compliance officer and compliance committee;
- Compliance Education and Training;
- Monitoring and Auditing;
- Reporting and Investigation (of suspected fraud, waste and abuse);
- Enforcement and Discipline; and
- Response and Prevention.
Reporting Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- You may report any issue and ask questions of DWIHN's Compliance Office, by email, postal mail, or telephone:
ATTN: Compliance Office
707 W. Milwaukee St., 5th Floor
Detroit, MI 48202
You may report complaints anonymously to (313) 833-3502. If you identify yourself, DWIHN will maintain anonymity to the extent provided by law.
You may report to the state's Office of Inspector General:
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Inspector General
PO Box 30062
Lansing, MI 48909
Ph: 855-MI-Fraud (643-7283).
DWIHN has established the following compliance policies and procedures to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse and are available for download from PolicyStat. Enter the policy name in the search bar.